Our Goals and Commitment to You
National Leasing is a subsidiary of Canadian Western Bank. Canadian Western Bank and its subsidiaries ("CWB") are committed to the protection of your privacy while providing a high standard of customer service.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information such as name, address, contact information, date of birth, social insurance number and financial information. We use social insurance numbers for identification purposes only. We collect these numbers at the option of the customer, they are not required to complete a credit application. We use the information we collect to:
- confirm identification;
- assess creditworthiness;
- provide leasing and/or financing services to you; and
- promote our leasing and/or financing products and the services and products of CWB.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell information about our customers to others. Your personal information is a vital part of our ongoing business relationship with you. We will only disclose personal information:
- On a confidential basis, to our agents, suppliers, funders and service providers, to complete the transactions initiated by you;
- If the personal information forms part of an asset or a business that we sell or assign;
- To protect and enforce the rights and property of National Leasing;
- To credit rating organizations;
- For fraud prevention or the reduction of the risk of fraud;
- To CWB for the purposes of providing you with information relating to products and services that may assist you in achieving your financial goals;
- If the disclosure is required or permitted by law; or
- If you request or consent to the disclosure.
From time to time, we may outsource information processing or other services to businesses in the United States, only for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. As a result, your personal information may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order.
Cookies and IP Addresses
Safeguards and Security
National Leasing is a member of the GeoTrust. GeoTrust is an independent organization whose mission is to deliver the highest levels of trust and security to our users by providing authentication of this Web Site and by securing the information that is collected on this Web Site.
GeoTrust enables you to communicate with us via 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which protects the information you submit to us through our Web Site.
National Leasing also provides appropriate physical, technological and organizational measures to safeguard personal information and to protect it from unauthorized access, deletion or alteration. This includes limiting employee access of personal information to those employees who have a business reason to know this personal information.
National Leasing often reviews its policies and procedures and may make changes to this policy from time to time. This is the most current version of this policy. Prior versions are available by contacting the National Leasing Privacy Officer.
Questions and Concerns